Easily control access to your site
Easily restrict access to your website to logged-in users or visitors from a specific set of IP addresses. Restricted visitors can be redirected to any URL, sent to a selected page created in WordPress, sent to the log-in, or shown a custom message. With more than 20,000 active installations, Restricted Site Access is the perfect solution for extranets, publicly-hosted intranets, or parallel development and staging sites.
This plugin adds new configuration options to the WordPress Reading settings panel, as well as the multisite Network Settings panel that include:
- Enable or disable site restriction
- Add IP addresses to an unrestricted list, including ranges
- Add your current IP to the unrestricted list
- Customize the behavior for restricted visitors, including:
- Redirection to a web address, including options to send visitors to the same requested path and set the HTTP status code for SEO friendliness;
- Define a simple message or select a page to show restricted visitors—great for “coming soon” teasers!
- Options to enforce restriction across a multisite network, and/or define default restriction settings for new sites added to the network.