What is Web Stories?
Web Stories allows you to easily create visually appealing and engaging stories that can be shared with your audience. Enjoy the flexibility of preset layouts that can be adjusted to align with your brand and analytics support so you can learn more about new readers. Everything is created on the open web, so you’ve got total control of your content and how it’s shared. Embed it or share it on various apps, all while tracking its journey and engagement, and monetizing it, if you see fit. Whether you’re a site owner, content creator, or publisher, Web Stories gives you the platform to create and share beautiful stories on the web.
What are the features and benefits of Web Stories?
Web Stories is an easy and free way to share visually engaging content with your audience. This mobile-first format offers new and simple features for growing your audience, including:
- A modern approach to publishing: Web Stories is the future of storytelling. Quickly create fast-loading, full-screen visuals that help you reach a wider audience.
- Creative control: The Web Stories editor comes with standard UI controls and templates that allow for personalization. With everything created on the open web, you decide how content is shared.
- Track and measure your stories: Supports analytics and bookend capabilities for viral sharing and monetization.
The WP Engine Advantage.
The Web Stories format makes it easy for content publishers to create and share stories with audiences in a fast, full-screen experience. That all starts with integrated tools that allow for creative expression and control, including:
- An easy-to-navigate dashboard: The intuitive dashboard is easy to navigate, so you can create a story, customize it, and then share it on the open web quickly.
- Plug-and-play templates: It’s easy to get started with standard page templates that create a beautiful backdrop for personal images, videos, or GIF assets.
- Access to the WordPress media library: Quickly and easily get your hands on the entire media library from WordPress to enhance your story.
How do you get started with Web Stories?
Web Stories is a free plugin you can install directly from the Plugins menu of your WordPress website, as well as the WordPress Plugin Directory.
At Google, our mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful, and feel a thriving web ecosystem is key to that mission. We believe that WordPress is one of the main drivers and enablers of a growing and high-quality open web ecosystem. We are thrilled to partner closely with experts at WP Engine and core contributors in the WP developers community, with whom we are collaborating on several areas related to a more performant and visual web. Our goal is to enable a better web by creating easy tools to improve speed, security, and capabilities of millions of WordPress-powered sites, which is why we created Web Stories especially for WordPress users. We’re excited to invite you to use Web Stories for WordPress to leverage Google tools to fuel your client’s success. For additional updates, resources and guidance, follow Google Web Creators’ blog, YouTube channel, Twitter, and Instagram.