So you’ve lost your User Portal password- Don’t worry, it happens to the best of us! For security purposes there are a limited number of ways to recover this login. You will need to follow one of the following processes to regain access to your WP Engine account.
How to recover User Portal access
If you have lost your password for the WP Engine User Portal:
If you no longer have access to the email address on file:
- Have any other Owner level user on the hosting account update your email address
- Have any other Owner level user on the hosting account add a new user for you
NOTE: Even if you have/should have Owner privileges, another Owner on the account can still do these tasks for you.
Recovering access if you are the sole Owner
If you are the only Owner on the account, have lost your password, and no longer have access to the email address, there are two remaining options:
- If you need access to your account in the absence of an authenticated Owner, WP Engine will require a valid order from a court of competent jurisdiction showing that you are the lawful owner of the account and should be granted administrative access.
- Alternatively, if you can verify Billing information on the account:
- Contact WP Engine Support by opening a Sales chat at the top right of this page
- Request a zipped backup of your website(s)
- You will need to verify the last 4 of the credit card on file for the account
- Create a new WP Engine hosting account
- Import the backup to a new environment, on your new hosting account
- Our manual migration checklist may be helpful here.
- Contact Support again to request cancellation of billing for the old account
- This last step will require your full relevant billing details. We can’t close the old account without a valid Owner however we can cease billing with validation of the billing details. The old account will eventually close when billing becomes past due at the end of the billing cycle.
We realize neither of these options is ideal, but please understand that our account authentication and recovery processes stem from our desire to protect the security of your account. Of course, diligence in maintaining accurate user and account information is the best solution, and can prevent problems like this from arising.