Yes it will. Your rankings might actually go up!
Page load time and bounce rates are significant factors in search engine ranking algorithms. WP Engine offers very fast and reliable WordPress hosting which will lower your page load times, decrease your bounce rate and help improve your search rankings.
To make sure you’re nice and friendly to search engines when moving your site to WP Engine, follow these steps…
- Use WP Engine Automatic Migration to migrate your site’s content and database to WP Engine.
- Verify the copy of your site is complete and functional. Verify that the page names are the same on the copy and your live site. Example: /news is still /news, etc. With most transfers this will not be an issue.
- Set the “Time-to-Live” (TTL) on your domain’s DNS settings to 600 (10 minutes – this is optional, but preferred). You can change this setting in your domain registrar’s dashboard, or by contacting your domain registrar.
- Change your DNS settings with your domain registrar to point to the copy of your site on WP Engine. See Configuring DNS for WP Engine for more information.
- Unblock your new site from search engines in the WP admin area, under the Settings tab.
- Add an SSL from your User Portal under Installs > SSL. Google has announced they will also be taking site security into account when ranking pages, so this step may also help your SEO.
After you have tested the new WP Engine site on your domain and are sure that it is functioning properly you can now take your old site offline.