I have a Startup/Growth/Scale plan, what is changing for me?
- Startup plan:
- Your price will be reduced from $35/mo to $30/mo (or $350/yr to $300/yr).
- Beginning January 22, Multisite will no longer be available to purchase as an add-on. Any customers that are currently on a Startup plan with multisite will keep this feature and support.
- Growth plan:
- Your Growth plan’s price remains the same at $115/mo or $1,150/yr with an increased amount of included sites.
- The Growth plan will now include 10 sites (max 40 with add-on sites), vs the previous 5 sites (max 25 with add-on sites.)
- Scale plan:
- Your Scale plan’s price remains the same at $290/mo or $2,900/yr with an increased amount of included sites, increased storage and increased bandwidth limits.
- The Scale plan will now include 30 sites (max 40 total with add-on sites) vs the previous 15 sites included (max 25 with add-on sites).
- In addition, the Scale plan storage limit will increase from 30GBs to 50GBs and the bandwidth limit will increase from 400GBs to 500GBs.
- The Premium and Enterprise plans remain unchanged.
Why did you make these changes?
- We recently evaluated different customer needs and examined how customers grow with us. Through this work, we discovered an opportunity to make some changes to our entry-level plans that deliver greater value for our customers.
When will the change take effect?
- Starting January 22, 2020, current customers on Startup plans will be converted to the new price on their monthly or annual billing renewal date.
- By the end of January 2020, all customers on Growth plans will automatically receive the new 10-site entitlement. Customers that have purchased additional sites will now only be charged for their 11th+ site at the current $20/month/site or $200/year/site rate.
- By the end of January 2020, all customers on Scale plans will automatically receive the new 30-site entitlement, bandwidth limit increase, and storage limit increase. Customers that have purchased additional sites will now only be charged for their 31st+ site at the current $20/month/site or $200/year/site rate.
Can I purchase a Multisite on a startup plan between 1/15 and 1/22?
- Startup customers may still purchase the multisite add-on until 1/22. After 1/22, the multisite add-on will no longer be available for Startup customers.
What are the max installs per plan limit following these changes?
- Startup plans have a max install limit of 25.
- Growth plans have a max install limit of 40.
- Scale plans have a max install limit of 40.
Can customers still add sites like they do today?
- Yes, customers can still add sites as they do today.
Do existing Startup plan customers who have multisite enabled continue to receive support for this add-on post change?
- Yes, any customers that are currently on a Startup plan with multisite will maintain the entitlement and support. (all purchases prior to January 22, 2020).
I’ve purchased additional sites on my Growth and Scale plan that are now covered by these changes, will I be provided a credit?
- By the end of January 2020, Growth and Scale plan customers will automatically receive their new site entitlements with no action required from them. This means that Growth plan customers that have purchased additional sites will now only be charged for their 11th+ site at the current $20/month/site or $200/year/site rate and Scale plan customers will now only be charged for their 31st+ site at the current $20/month/site or $200/year/site rate. Applicable prorated credits will be applied to their accounts when the changes are processed.
I was a Professional/Business plan customer before the last WP Engine pricing change. How will these new changes affect my current entitlements?
- Customers who were previously on Professional plans will keep their entitlement of 10 sites, as this matches the new plan. There is no change for these customers.
- Customers who were previously on Business plans will have their site entitlement increased to 30 sites.