Amazon Polly is a service that turns text into lifelike speech. With dozens of voices across a variety of languages, you can select the ideal voice and build engaging speech-enabled applications that work in many different countries.
The Amazon Polly plugin for WordPress lets you generate an audio feed for text-based content and insert it into an embedded player to increase the accessibility of your WordPress site. This feature also allows you to easily publish podcasts directly from your site and make them available for listeners.
Benefits and Features
- Customize content on your WordPress site for audiences around the world with dozens of voices and languages to choose from
- Easy to use – just send the text you want converted to the Amazon Polly API and Amazon Polly will return with the audio stream
- Use the audio files to create podcasts of your blog in services such as iTunes
- Helps your WordPress content be more accessible
- Available for all WordPress users, regardless of where you’re hosted