Build Mode Workshops are live events exploring features of modern WordPress with the WP Engine Developer Relations team. This workshop was hosted by Damon Cook and took place on November 15th, 2022.
In this recent workshop we covered:
- Setting up a simple WordPress plugin and scaffolding a custom block with @wordpress/create-block
- Dependency management in a custom block
- Registering and writing an accordion block
- Light styling with theming in mind
Here is the video recording. 👇
Accordion block source code
Check out the full source code for the final accordion block on GitHub.
Resources & Links
Accordions are not always an ideal user experience, and careful consideration is warranted.
<details>is Not an Accordion
- Details / Summary Are Not [insert control here]
- W3C Accordion Example
The attendees had a lot of great questions about custom block development. A majority responded that they had never tried creating a custom block before.
When is the next Build Mode Workshop?
We’ll be announcing next month’s workshop soon. Please be sure to follow @wpebuilders for announcements.