Below is a list of commonly asked questions regarding WP Engine’s service.
If you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask us directly. We’re always available to help you with any questions you have.
JUMP TO A SECTION BELOW…
- Moving Your Site to WP Engine
- Account Management & Billing
- WordPress Plugins
- FTP – Transferring Files To Your Site
- Setting up SSL so customers can purchase items securely from your site
- WP Engine & Amazon S3
- WordPress Multisite
- General WP Engine Questions
- Why are you more expensive than VPS or shared hosting?
- How is WP Engine different from Amazon EC2 and ELB (Elastic Load Balancer)
- What’s the WP Engine SLA?
- How to cancel if WP Engine is not a good fit for my needs
- Why is WP Engine better than hosting WordPress by myself?
MOVING YOUR SITE TO WP ENGINE
- How do I make a seamless transition from my old blog to my new blog?
- How do I set my DNS?
- Using “hosts” file to fake-out local DNS
- Will moving my site to WP Engine affect SEO?
- How can I have my blog live at “/blog”, under my domain?
- How can I password-protect my blog?
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT & BILLING
- How do I adjust the position and styling of the WP Engine link in the footer?
- What plugins have been blacklisted on WP Engine?
- What plugin do you suggest for accessing the database on my WP Engine site?
- How to download backups from BackupBuddy on WP Engine
- How do I add Google Analytics dashboard to WordPress?
- Which Plugins are curated?
FTP – TRANSFERRING FILES TO YOUR SITE
- How do I use SFTP to access my blog’s theme, uploads and plugins?
- How do I access the SFTP directory for my staging area?
SETTING UP SSL SO CUSTOMERS CAN PURCHASE ITEMS SECURELY FROM YOUR SITE
- What are the details of WP Engine security processes?
- How and when do we perform automatic WordPress core upgrades?
WP ENGINE & AMAZON S3
- How do I change the domain name for my first/top level site in WordPress Multisite?
- How to add new sites with different domains In WordPress Multisite