From Good to Great: Coding Standards and WordPress
Developers, you know that there’s as much art as there is science to creating great code.
The WordPress plugin and WordPress theme directory will soon highlight code quality as a key data point to help users decide which WordPress plugin or theme to install. This feature, based on a code quality tool called Tide, aims to encourage developers to write cleaner WordPress code. And, with the WordPress platform powering over 29% of the web, it’s incumbent on all of us to up our coding standards game.
Experience Level: Beginner, Intermediate
Target Audience: Developers, agencies, freelancers/consultants
Duration: 1 hour, 13 minutes (including Q&A)
In this session, we cover:
- Why coding standards are important
- Common WordPress development mistakes even a good developer makes
- Tips for becoming an even better WordPress developer
- Resources available to learn more
- What Tide is and what’s coming to WordPress.org
Our Expert Speakers:
- Luke Carbis, Director of Product & Innovation, XWP
- Steven Word, Innovation Program Manager, WP Engine