From Good to Great: Coding Standards and WordPress
Developers, you know that there’s as much art as there is science to creating great code.
The WordPress.org plugin and theme directory will soon highlight code quality as a key data point to help users decide which plugin or theme to install. This feature, based on a code quality tool called Tide, aims to encourage developers to write cleaner code. And, with WordPress powering over 29% of the web, it’s incumbent on all of us to up our coding standards game.
Experience Level: Beginner, Intermediate
Target Audience: Developers, agencies, freelancers/consultants
Duration: 1 hour, 13 minutes (including Q&A)
In this session, we cover:
- Why coding standards are important
- Common mistakes even good developers make
- Tips for becoming an even better developer
- Resources available to learn more
- What Tide is and what’s coming to WordPress.org
Our Expert Speakers:
- Luke Carbis, Director of Product & Innovation, XWP
- Steven Word, Innovation Program Manager, WP Engine