Developers, you know that there’s as much art as there is science to creating great code.
The WordPress.org plugin and theme directory will soon highlight code quality as a key data point to help users decide which plugin or theme to install. This feature, based on a code quality tool called Tide, aims to encourage developers to write cleaner code. And, with WordPress powering over 29% of the web, it’s incumbent on all of us to up our coding standards game.
Experience Level: Beginner, Intermediate
Target Audience: Developers, agencies, freelancers/consultants
Duration: 1 hour, 13 minutes (including Q&A)
In this session, we cover:
- Why coding standards are important
- Common mistakes even good developers make
- Tips for becoming an even better developer
- Resources available to learn more
- What Tide is and what’s coming to WordPress.org
Our Expert Speakers:
- Luke Carbis, Director of Product & Innovation, XWP
- Steven Word, Innovation Program Manager, WP Engine