Your WP Engine User Portal is where you can manage your WP Engine sites, settings, and features. If you enter the wrong password too many times, your account could be locked for a period of time for security purposes. Instead of repeatedly trying email address and password combinations, it is best to reset the password for your user instead. Use the steps in this article to reset your password for the WP Engine User Portal if ever needed.
Reset Password Steps
Use the steps below to reset your password for the WP Engine User Portal.
- Navigate to your WP Engine User Portal at https://my.wpengine.com/.
- Select the Password help link.
3. Enter the email address associated with your account in the space provided. Note: If you enter an email address that is not associated with a WP Engine User Portal account, no email will be sent.
4. Push the Send password reset instructions button.
5. You will be redirected to the User Portal login page with an updated banner, directing you to check your email. Please log into the email account associated with your User Portal account and click the link within the email to reset your password.
Note: The reset password link is only good for 6 hours. If you do not access the link in your email within this time frame, you will need to follow the steps above again.
Still having trouble?
Try the steps below if you are still encountering issues when logging into the WP Engine User Portal.
- Are you using the correct email address? If you have entered an email address that does not match any WP Engine User Portal user, no email will be sent.
- Have you checked your spam folder? If you are certain you entered the correct email address for your User Portal user, check your spam folder to make sure the reset password email was not sent there.
- Did you access the email after more than 6 hours? The reset password link is only good for 6 hours. If you wait longer than 6 hours to click the link in your email, you will receive an error that the token is now invalid. Follow steps 1-5 above again to generate a new link.
- Are you using Outlook Exchange Online Protection (OEP)? Some users with OEP may experience mail delivery issues if they have not whitelisted WP Engine email addresses. Contact your email service administrator to whitelist the domains “wpengine.com” and “mail.wpengine.com” for successful delivery of emails.