Optimizing Websites for Great User Experiences and Increased Conversions
One of Launch Digital Marketing’s clients had a problem. A popular “race car experience” client, with heavy seasonal business and a graphic/media-heavy website, was experiencing performance issues whenever a surge of traffic came their way. Instead of making extra money when popular campaigns were launched, they were losing money, fast.
Determined to solve the performance issues and avoid downtime at the next big seasonal holiday (Black Friday, 2017), the LDM team focused on The Xtreme Xperience (and 9 other websites), testing performance optimizations and partnering with Google and WP Engine to track and tweak the results. Knowing that a performant website yields improved user experience and, in turn, higher conversion rates – and armed with data about increasingly mobile Xtreme Xperience audience – LDM, WP Engine and Google focused on reducing load times while maintaining a rich mobile experience.
Experience Level: Beginner, Intermediate
Duration: 1 hour, 7 minutes (including Q&A)
In this session, you’ll hear from Google, agency Launch Digital Marketing (LDM), and customer Xtreme Xperience who will share:
- The importance of site performance, particularly in a mobile-first world (Google)
- Why performance is important to a web development team and agency clients (Launch Digital Marketing)
- Steps LDM took to improve client performance and scalability
- Challenges and best practices for optimizing sites
- Business results from site optimization (Xtreme Xperience)
Our Expert Speakers:
- Claire Illmer, Mobile UX Manager, Google
- Caitlin DiMare-Oliver, Chief Technical Officer, Launch Digital Marketing
- Mitch Gummerson, Brand Manager, Xtreme Xperience