Best WordPress Musician Themes
If you’re looking to get your career in music underway, a well-built website is absolutely essential. Whether you’re a solo artist or part of a band, your site is how you’ll attract new fans, share information about upcoming events, and even sell albums and merchandise.
In order to make sure your site stands out and contains all the features you’ll need, the best place to begin is by choosing your theme very carefully. With the right pick, you can put together an attention-grabbing site that suits your niche and have it up and running quickly.
To get you started, we’re going to introduce you to ten of the best free and premium WordPress music themes out there. Before we do that, however, let’s talk about what makes an ideal theme for musicians!
What Makes a Great Theme for a Musician?
WordPress is an excellent choice for musicians and bands who need to build a website. It’s an easy-to-use yet flexible platform that has a lot to offer. For best results, however, you’ll want to combine the foundation it provides with a carefully-chosen theme.
While you can use any theme you like, picking out a dedicated WordPress theme for musicians is a smart move. This will make it far easier to add the styling and features you need to share your music online without requiring you to purchase additional tools or mess around with custom coding.
There are many types of music-related themes out there, of course, and there’s no one perfect fit for everyone. Still, there are a few things you’ll almost certainly want to look for, including:
- Stylish design and plenty of opportunities for custom branding
- Lots of customization options, so your site will reflect your niche and style
- Easy options for showcasing your music and events
- A way to sell your music and merchandise, whether built-in or via integration with eCommerce plugins
These features will provide you with a strong foundation for creating a unique and fully-functional site that supports your music career. Therefore, we’d suggest using them to guide your decisions when evaluating the themes we’ll introduce throughout this post.
Best Free WordPress Themes for Musicians
Now, it’s time to start taking a look at some of the best WordPress themes for musicians. If you’re on a tight budget (or completely broke), don’t worry – we’ll start with five top-notch free options.
1. Rock Star
This is one of the most popular free music themes, and for good reason. Rock Star is built with the needs of musicians and bands in mind and manages an excellent balance of sleek design and user-friendly functionality.
- Provides multiple layout options and header styles
- Sports an attention-grabbing homepage
- Offers plenty of social media integration options
If you want to put your branding front-and-center and make a bold first impression, this may be the theme for you.
2. Music Lite
If you’re in the market for something simpler, Music Lite is a solid choice. This theme is streamlined yet stylish and can be molded to fit a wide variety of musical niches.
- Enables you to easily promote tour dates and other events
- Is optimized for the new ‘Gutenberg’ Block Editor
- Comes bundled with the handy Organic Builder Widgets plugin
For those looking to forgo unnecessary bells and whistles, this theme puts the spotlight where it should be – on you and your music.
Deejay is an excellent choice if you want to encourage visitors to experience your music for themselves. It’s a clean and well-organized theme that offers lots of useful functionality.
- Helps you showcase your music with post formats
- Boasts multiple menus and widget areas
- Works seamlessly with key plugins such as Events Manager and Easy Digital Downloads
With this theme, you can enable visitors to sample your work, and then encourage them to buy tickets to your shows and make other purchases.
This multipurpose theme is designed for photographers, musicians, and others in need of a way to showcase a strong portfolio of creative work. Blackoot Lite is highly customizable, so you can create a website that reflects your style.
- Makes it easy to include your branding via backgrounds, logos, headers, and more
- Provides many options for menus, sidebars, and other ‘widgetizable’ areas
- Is fully translation-ready
Blackoot Lite is particularly handy if you want to feature lots of high-quality images of your band and events.
With My Music Band, you can achieve a minimalist and professional-looking design quickly and easily. Plus, it’s perfect for putting the spotlight on you or your band with its many displays.
- Provides a wide array of theme options for maximum customization potential
- Enables you to add a featured slider, playlists, ‘hero’ content, and more
- Offers a built-in portfolio to highlight your best tracks
While suitable in many scenarios, this theme is an especially strong choice for solo artists looking to get their work noticed.
Best Premium WordPress Themes for Musicians
Free themes can take you pretty far, but sometimes you need something with more options and features. Fortunately, there are also plenty of excellent premium WordPress themes for musicians of all stripes. Let’s take a look at five of the best.
First up, FWRD is a dedicated theme for musicians, bands, DJs, and the like. It has a number of bold looks to choose from and enables you to customize them all to your heart’s content.
- Offers a variety of full-site and one-page demos to get you started
- Includes custom post types for events, albums, and more
- Enables video backgrounds and parallax effects
Pricing: You can get a regular license for $64.
Lush is suitable for a surprisingly wide variety of musical niches – everything from home-grown solo artists to thriving bands on tour. It’s a very visual theme and is excellent for showcasing high-quality imagery and videos.
- Provides eight full-site demos with very distinct looks and styles
- Offers robust and customizable audio player functionality
- Includes a ‘Gigs Manager’ feature and an event countdown timer
Pricing: A one-site license and support will cost you $58.
Although it brands itself a podcasting theme, Tusant is also a smart pick for musicians and bands. It’s designed to prominently feature audio and is compatible with many audio-focused plugins and third-party services.
- Includes customizable audio and video players you can place just about anywhere
- Enables you to arrange multiple audio files into grids, carousels, and playlists
- Makes it easy to embed audio and video from other sources
Pricing: This theme costs $69 (or you can get it and the developer’s other themes in a $139 bundle).
Soundboard is a theme that’s very much a jack-of-all-trades. It has everything you need to showcase your music, images, events, and more. Plus it’s very simple to set up.
- Provides a highly-customizable homepage where you can feature all the latest news and media
- Helps you manage tour dates, and even automates parts of that process
- Includes page templates for tour dates and galleries, as well as audio and video files
Pricing: Soundboard is one of the more affordable premium options, at just $39.
5. Music Pro
Finally, this last theme is packed to the brim with features and customization options. Music Pro (formerly MusicPress) is a powerhouse when it comes to displaying tons of information and media on your site, and offers additional options via the developer’s related plugins.
- Includes a range of post formats, homepage options, and video and photo display choices
- Provides easy ways to feature your discography, playlists, events, and even reviews
- Comes with built-in eCommerce functionality via PayPal
Pricing: This theme may be the best value on the list, offering a long list of features for just $39.
Bring Your Music to the World Using WP Engine
If you want to make it big, you’ll need more than just a fantastic-looking website. You’ll also want to back it up with the right resources and support.
Fortunately, we’ve got your back with our high-performance WordPress hosting plans. At WP Engine, we can help you create a complete digital experience that’s sure to grab your fans’ attention!