WP Engine Customer API
The WP Engine API allows you the ability to interact with our platform programmatically. API credentials need to be generated on a per-user basis. In this article, we will show you how to enable the WP Engine API on your account and how to generate your own API credentials.
Enable WPE API
To enable the API for your account, you must be an account Owner. For more information on User Portal roles, check out this guide.
- Log in to the User Portal
- Expand Users in the lefthand menu
- Select API Access
- You can visit this page directly at: https://my.wpengine.com/api_access
- Locate the account name you’d like to enable API access for
- Click Manage next to the account name
- Toggle to enable Account API Access
- Click Generate Credentials
- This will redirect you back to the API Access page
- Click Generate Credentials button at the top right
- This will generate the user’s credential required to connect to WP Engine’s API, across all accounts that have API access enabled and they are authorized to access.
- Copy the username and password to a safe place.
Finally, go to wpengineapi.com to learn how to authenticate with the API and learn more about the endpoints available.
For API code samples, see: https://wpengineapi.com/
For a full list of WP Engine API calls, see: https://wpengineapi.com/reference
NEXT STEP: Use the WPE API to connect with Local