WP Engine Accessibility Disclosure: This disclosure is displayed on all accessibility solutions in the Solution Center. Automated accessibility features may be helpful in your accessibility approach, but if automated technologies are used, they should be used in combination with human testing and manual optimizations to achieve and verify your accessibility goals. The International Association of Accessibility Professionals provides a list of accessibility professionals who have successfully completed the IAAP certification process.
What is Accessibility Checker by Equalize Digital?
Make your website truly accessible to everyone with Accessibility Checker.
Equalize Digital’s Accessibility Checker is an automated accessibility auditing tool that proactively scans your website for common accessibility problems. A WordPress native tool, Accessibility Checker presents reports right on the post and page edit screen, enabling content creators and developers to quickly find and fix problems on the spot. For developers and site admins, Accessibility Checker performs full-site scans and provides centralized lists of all issues identified site-wide, making is easier to identify issues to prioritize in accessibility remediation efforts.
Building Accessibility Checker into your website development and content creation process reduces the need for costly retroactive remediation and can help your website to become WCAG, ADA, Section 508, and AODA compliant – the right way. In addition to providing on-edit screen reports, Accessibility Checker will quickly scan your entire website and provide a centralized list of issues.
What are the features and benefits of Accessibility Checker by Equalize Digital?
Why use Accessibility Checker in your accessibility testing process:
- Recommended by accessibility professionals and people with disabilities as the right way to meet legal accessibility requirements.
- Checks against more than 40 different rules based on WCAG 2.1 AA and AAA.
- Reports native in the WordPress admin – no checking a third-party website or waiting for a weekly scan.
- No costly API or per-page fees. Scan unlimited posts and pages for free. Add full-site scanning with no page or scan limits with a paid plan.
- Use the “Fast Track” feature to see issues grouped by unique code snippet to prioritize fixes and quickly see which changes will have the biggest impact site-wide.
- Privacy-focused and GDPR compliant. All scanning and data stays on your server – no customer information or website content is sent to an external service.
- Supports all major page builders including Elementor, Beaver Builder, Divi, and Oxygen.
- “Ignore” feature allows you to ignore issues after manual testing or close items flagged as false positives.
- Flesch-Kincaid grade level readability scans help you keep your content at targeted at the right reading level
- Developed and tested by experienced accessibility professionals with more than a decade of experience in WordPress and accessibility.
Accessibility Checker Free allows anyone to test basic websites, scanning unlimited posts and pages free forever. Upgrade to a paid plan for these great features:
- Scan custom post types.
- Scan WooCommerce product pages.
- Admin columns to see the accessibility status of posts and pages at a glance.
- Centralized list of all open issues site-wide.
- Centralized list of all ignored issues site-wide
- Ability to create global ignores.
- Restrict user roles allowed to ignore errors and warnings.
- Personalized email support.
The WP Engine Advantage.
WP Engine provides hosting that improves the performance of your WordPress website, protects your business, and accelerates the development process. Just as WP Engine is fine-tuned for WordPress websites, Equalize Digital’s Accessibility Checker is the ideal WordPress-native solution for improving your website’s accessibility.
1-in-5 people in the world have a disability. Many accessibility improvements also benefit users who don’t consider themselves to be disabled. They can also help to boost your website’s search engine optimization. Ensuring your website meets accessibility best practices is another layer in the overall optimization of your website on WP Engine’s best-in-class hosting and can help to protect your business against website accessibility lawsuits or complaints.
With WP Engine and Equalize Digital Accessibility Checker, it’s easy to ensure your website reaches and can be used by everyone in the world.
How do you get started with Accessibility Checker by Equalize Digital?
Visit Equalize Digital’s website to learn more about Accessibility Checker and get started free today. You can install the free version of Accessibility Checker from the WordPress.org plugin directory or upgrade to Accessibility Checker Pro with monthly or yearly pricing options today.
About Equalize Digital.
Equalize Digital is a Certified B Corp and WordPress VIP Agency striving to create a world where all people have equal access to information and tools on the web regardless of ability. Based in Austin, Texas but with a distributed team located around the globe, Equalize Digital has been developing accessible WordPress websites for enterprise businesses, government agencies, nonprofits, and higher education institutions for more than a decade. In addition to developing Accessibility Checker, Equalize Digital’s team members organize the official WordPress Accessibility Meetup and provide accessibility support in the WordPress Accessibility Facebook group.