The PHP Test Driver can be used to view your website on a different version of PHP. This test driver only impacts the user who has initiated the test drive session. Other visitors continue to see the site as normal without disruption.
Enable the PHP Test Driver
- Login to your User Portal
- Select the environment name you’d like to test
- Click Preview site
- Login to your WordPress admin dashboard when prompted
- You will see a banner at the top of your screen:
- Click through each element of your website that you would like to demo on this version of PHP to test functionality
For best practices on testing the compatibility of your sites with a new version of PHP, please see our recommended developer workflow. We have a separate workflow available for those who are not yet on the Sites Experience.
Disable the PHP Test Driver
A cookie is set in your browser that will continue to show the site in the selected version of PHP. This cookie will expire after a day on its own or if you close the browser.
If you need to disable the Test Driver manually, there are two options:
- Click the link within in Test Driver banner in your WordPress admin dashboard:
- Delete a cookie from your browser called: wpengine_php
- Delete all cookies from your browser