What is Site Kit?
Site Kit, the official Google plugin for WordPress, makes it easy to set up and configure key Google products, and gives you overall insights for how to succeed on the Web. Site Kit provides insights about how people find and use your site, and how to improve and monetize your site content directly in the WordPress dashboard. Site Kit’s core Google features include Search Console, PageSpeed Insights, Analytics, AdSense, Tag Manager and Optimize. Agencies specifically benefit from this one-stop solution for their clients to deploy, manage and get insights from Google tools, because Site Kit allows clients to get insights from critical Google tools and save resources and time in making the site successful on the web.
What are the features and benefits of Site Kit?
Site Kit is a free service built by Google specifically for WordPress users to help them set up and configure key Google products to easily gain insights from Google about how their site is doing on the web.
You can set up Google products in just a few clicks, and receive combined insights from different products including:
- Search Console: Measures your site’s Google Search traffic and performance.
- PageSpeed Insights: Analyzes your site and suggests ways to make it faster.
- Analytics: Tells you how users find, use, and engage with your site
- Adsense: Helps you to earn money from your online content
Benefits to Agencies and Developers: If you work on a WordPress website for a client, Site Kit is the one-stop, easy to use and understand, for clients to deploy, manage, and track site performance. Site Kit allows clients to get insights from critical Google tools and save resources and time in making the site successful on the web.
- You’ll get aggregated insights from Google products, distilled in a dashboard that your clients or other teams can easily access. No need to copy data from multiple products to compile reports for clients.
- The site performance stats and improvement recommendations come directly from Google — your customers will be getting the latest best practices recommended by Google products.
- Site Kit provides roles and permissions to help you manage access to the site’s data and make sure only the relevant people can see stats.
The WP Engine Advantage.
Site Kit is the official Google plugin made specifically for WordPress users. Site Kit lives directly in the WordPress dashboard and is easy to set up and use. Users benefit from being able to download and in a matter of clicks receive useful aggregated insights. It includes the following integrated tools:
- Dashboard: The main dashboard helps you see the most important info, an overview of: how people are finding your site (traffic sources), your most popular pages, and what people search for to find your site. Individual page states are also available.
- Page specific information: If you want to check how a specific page is doing, search for the title or URL from the main dashboard, and you’ll be able to narrow down to stats for just that one page.
- Admin bar: If you’re browsing your site while logged in, you can see key stats about the page you’re currently viewing directly from the admin bar.
- Milestone notifications: Site Kit keeps you informed as you’re making progress and getting more views, more visitors, or other milestones for your website.
- Staging environment: Site Kit is also safe to try out in your staging environment, see detailed instructions here.
How do you get started with Site Kit?
Site Kit is a free plugin you can install directly from the Plugins menu of your site. You can also access the plugin from the WPEngine Solutions Center, as well as the WordPress plugin directory.
At Google, our mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful, and feel a thriving web ecosystem is key to that mission. We believe that WordPress is one of the main drivers and enablers of an open, growing, and high quality open web ecosystem. We are thrilled to partner closely with experts at WPEngine and core contributors in the WP developers community, with whom we are collaborating on several areas related to bringing performance and speed. Our goal is to enable a better web by creating easy tools to improve performance, security, and capabilities of millions of WordPress powered sites, which is why we created Site Kit especially for WordPress users. We’re excited to invite you to use our Site Kit for WordPress, to leverage Google tools to fuel your client’s success as a WordPress publisher.